Technology this week has created some mild (or perhaps major) headaches. My laptop acquired some type of aggravating virus that caused my Internet browser to keep opening the same window repeatedly. A wonderful Office Depot techie patiently looked through my files, did some sort of miraculous something and (keeping fingers crossed) solved the problem. His diagnosis was that someone had deliberately created an "e-bomb" or some such thing, and that lucky I had picked it up with all the interaction. He said that when we link to many websites, this is possible. Hopefully, I've seen the last of the very pesky thing.
My webpage is 90% finished. I'm adding finishing touches, checking grammer, punctuation, and links. To have had zero knowledge of webpage creation prior to this assignment, I must say I am very pleased with the outcome. The more I "play" with the design, the more I learn. Thank goodness for Dr. Wang's tutorial and the UNDO button! Yes, it is far from perfect and quite simple compared to professional webpage designs, but it does have some pleasant attributes and content to match the rubric. I can't wait to try my skills with DreamWeaver.
This next week will be devoted to writing the essay and completing a WebCT course in my other online class. It has been a busy, but interesting and rewarding summer.
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats on your success so far! Good luck with the WebCT course. Those are so time consuming. I keep trying to get started on my report but cannot seem to get the first sentence written. I hate not having examples to look at for layout and such.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you that it is a worry that online classes leave you feeling isolated from the instructor and the rest of the students. This class was great to help each other and respond to everyone's needs. You are right that you should make online classes as interactive as this one so students do not feel lost.
ReplyDelete