Creating a blog and Gmail account has been a new learning experience for me. Once I became accustomed to the the site and began working to create the account and blog, it seemed less intimidating. At least I know I succeeded! My students sometimes feel intimidated by new content and technology, and if I can become comfortable working with new things, I can dispel the fears that my students may have.
One lesson that I have learned is that change is constant. For someone who doesn't even like to rearrange a room's furniture, my life has certainly faced some rearranging. This latest learning experience has helped me gain a new confidence and assures me that a person can learn if given the opportunity.
Through the next several weeks, new ideas and exciting opportunities will begin to surface, and I plan to include those here. Those of us beginning the study of telecommunications in education and how innovative ideas can enhance student learning will share ways to incorporate this into our work environments.
I am glad that you learned so fast and get confident in using the new tools. I agree with you that lots of people like the way they live, learn, and work. For them, they are doing well in the current style, why bother to make changes. However, as new technologies emerge everyday, WE NEED A CHANGE, especially in the way of teaching and learning. With new tools, students are more flexible than before in doing what we want.
ReplyDeleteI like to try new things and feel excited once I get it work. Enjoy your exploring with the new tools.
Madelon,
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way about learning new technology, but just remember that we are all learning together. Keep your positive attitude and just keep exploring the new things.