Wednesday, June 17, 2009

IT648 Group 1/Project 1 Reflection

Group One’s Project 1 is almost ready to submit. Kala, Kandi, Sonya, and I met again last night in the WebCT Live Classroom for a video chat to add finishing touches to the project and to continue work on Projects 2 and 3. Final revisions for Project 1 are being agreed upon by each group member, and then it will be posted to the course site.

Initially, the instructions for Project 1, seemed overwhelming, but as soon as the group began work, it seemed as though everything began to fall into place. We discussed each part of the project and agreed on what to include in our findings. The technology that is available for use continues to amaze me. Video chat allows individuals to communicate regardless of the location as long as each person has a webcam and adequate internet connection. We have investigated numerous types of free technology that is available.

Gmail is getting easier to use as I continue to experiment with it. At first, I thought it would be impossible to set up the chat and video chat features, but eventually, we were successful in using those features. The applications to education are limitless, and I enjoyed learning how the other members of the group were already using certain types of technology in their classrooms and places of work.

Thank you, Dr. Wang, for having us create groups where we can work together. Even though we are learning at a distance from USM, I feel very connected to you and the other students because of all of our interactions. This has been a unique experience to be able to develop a bond without being physically present in a classroom setting.

Artifact: Group One's Project 1

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree about being overwhelmed at first. Once our group gets started, we work so well and fast. We get so much accomplished in such a small amount of time.

    ReplyDelete