Another project under our belts! Every time our group works together, it seems that we've been focused and ready to accomplish the task assigned. It has been enjoyable getting to know Kala, Kandi, and Sonya. They are positive and energetic and agreeable. The Wimba Live Classroom has served it's purpose well for us by providing the opportunity for "face-to-face" collaboration. The time passed quickly, and before we knew it, we were saying goodnight.
My daughter and son are home for the summer; my daughter graduated in May from USM, and my son will be a sophomore at USA in the fall. They were present (across the room) during my group's last video conference and were impressed that we were in an online class yet using video chat to communicate in real time. Their mom was involved in a learning situation that was new to them. :-)
Now, to discuss what we actually accomplished for Project 2! I am now comfortable with using the Live Classroom, Voice Board, and Chat Room in WebCT. Before this project, I had never been exposed to the rich technology available in Blackboard/WebCT. These tools make interaction possible in online classes among the class members and with our instructor. By working in groups, we can produce more information more quickly and also learn the value of collaboration which is an invaluable lesson for career application. Studies have shown that more people lose jobs because of poor or lack of soft skills rather than lack of acquired skills for those specific jobs.
I plan to incorporate this technology into my online classes this fall and am already enhancing my course content to include different delivery options for my students. To learn and apply this knowledge will benefit all of my future students. I am excited to see how my own students respond to my online classes. It is my goal to use of video and audio clips for announcements and lesson segments in order to create more opportunities for learning.
Artifact: Group One's Project 2
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! I didnt know anyone was around when we discussed. That is so cool. I could see how this could cause an issue too though. Think about if someone thought they were having a private conversation on there and someone else was listening the entire time. I never really thought about it but it is kind of spooky!
ReplyDeleteDon't worry, Kala, my children were only half listening. Isn't that a shock?1?? :-)
ReplyDelete