I am a community college instructor and teach in the Medical Office Technology program in the Business and Office Department. Specifically, I train Billing and Coding Specialists and Medical Transcriptionists to work in healthcare. It is rewarding and exciting to watch my students enter the program knowing very little about the type of work involved and graduate from the program confident in their new training.
The mother of four children and grandmother of two (plus another on the way), I decided to return to school to enhance my skills and have already discovered that now I have another full time job. I love playing the piano, watching old movies, and being with my family. Although I am an avid reader, there isn’t much time for pleasure reading at the moment. I know the end result, however, will be worth the sacrifice.
The purpose of my blog is to satisfy the requirements of Dr. Wang's IT648 summer 2009 class by posting assignment summaries and reflections and finally a course reflection. Through these writings, I hope to journal my thoughts through this learning process.
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello Madelon! Your blog is wonderful! I look forward to following you through your adventures this semester!
ReplyDeleteIf you ever want to teach online, let me know. I work for an online university that hires instructors in your subject area. :) Talk to you soon!
Sonya